Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The F4 Polish Halloween Collection!

OMGOMGOMG, I can not tell you how excited I am to do this post. I was going to wait till later this week but I don't think I can! Today I'm going to be showing you guys the entire F4 Polish Halloween Collection!!!! You all know how much I LOVE F4 Polish so you know I had to snatch this collection up right away! Once they started posting swatch photos on their Facebook page, I knew I had to have them all. I'm also excited because this is my first full collection swatch and review. Let me tell you, swatching these polishes one right after the other was so hard because I didn't want to take them off! This is seriously a stand out collection for Halloween. So many unique polishes and so many layering combinations! If these don't scream Halloween, I'm not sure what does! You can preorder the entire collection off Etsy. It's $52 for the full size collection and $28 for mini. I went with the mini set but to be honest I'm seriously considering getting full size of a few. Did I mention how cute the bottles are?!? They have little silver bats on them!


You are about to see swatches of seven amazing polishes, so prepare your wallet. Of course the polishes have to have cute Halloween names right? There's Drunken Zombie, Nightmare Forest, Krazy Korn, Green Goblin, Monster Mash, Hocus Pocus, and Boo To You. All gorgeous and Halloweentastic! You best bet I will be wearing these spooky babies the entire month of October so prepare to see a few reposts. Are you ready to have your mind blown with amazingness? All polishes are two coats unless otherwise stated and are all topped with one coat of Gelous and one coat of Poshe.

First up is Drunken Zombie. I had a feeling this one would be disgustingly gorgeous and it did not disappoint! Drunken Zombie has a sort of nasty snot colored, green tinted, yellow base. It's the most unique color and I actually loved it on. It's filled with shiny and matte purple and green glitters in different sizes. There's also some holographic glitters that give it tons of sparkle. This is one of my favorites and is totally the stand out in the collection. It's also the only polish with a colored base. For this one I did three coats. Gorgeous.

Nightmare Forest is next! I really love this polish and I didn't think I would. It has shredded glitter which I haven't tried yet but it doesn't appeal to me in pictures. This is another one I would definitely recommend picking up. It's a clear base with black shreds, teeny tiny matte purple bars (which I adore), tiny matte green hexes with larger orange hexes. It's super unique! Application was very easy considering the different shapes of glitter. I layered this over two coats of Zoya- Dove.


Up next, Krazy Korn! This was one that originally wan't going to be included in the collection but they decided to add it! I'm glad they did because it's so much fun! Krazy Korn is a clear base with tiny white, yellow and orange matte glitters, larger matte white hexes and shiny yellow hexes. You don't see the yellow hexes in the photo as much as you do in real life. Again, this had good application. Krazy Korn is over two coats of Maybelline- Fierce N Tangy.

Here's Green Goblin, another favorite! This one has multiple sizes and colors of green glitters. Some matte and some shiny. It has a nice sparkle to it! I think you could probably build this to full opacity with another coat. Another one with great application. Green Goblin is over two coats of Zoya- Shawn which I think is the perfect base color.

Monster Mash is up next. This was one of the more simple polishes but still gorgeous! All matte glitters starting with tiny black ones, green hexes and slightly larger purple hexes. This one made me think of a frog. Or maybe a Ninja Turtle. I applied Monster Mash in more of a dabbing motion because the purple glitters didn't like to stay on the nail. This is over two coats of Orly- Lucky Duck which again I think is the perfect base.

Second to last is Hocus Pocus! This was the one that I showed as a teaser photo on Facebook! If you saw the picture, you will know what I mean when I say that this baby sparkles! The star of this polish is the holographic purple glitter! It also has matte black and green glitter with shiny green glitters as well. This is another one that would probably be opaque with another coat. This is over four coats of Zoya- Katherine.

Last but not least is Boo To You! Now I will say that this one was pretty much the only one I didn't really love. Not sure if it was the color I put it over or what. It's a fun polish though, don't get me wrong! Boo To You has matte orange and black glitters in a few different shapes and sizes. It even has black diamonds! This was another that I had to use the dabbing motion with. Boo To You is over one coat of Julep- Leighton.

That's the whole collection! What do you guys think?!? I personally love it and I think it's a great collection as a whole. The polishes I would say you need to get ASAP are Drunken Zombie and Nightmare Forest! If you can get the whole collection, do it!

19 comments:

  1. You and Jen make me want these so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! I liked how you paired Book to You with the undies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!! This is perfect. Now I know what to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS WHOLE SET!!! SO STINKING CUTE!! Did I mention just how much I love Halloween??? *SQUEALS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, nice choice in undies! Krazy Korn looks RIDICULOUSLY awesome over white, the translucent gold hexes really pop. I seriously love Drunken Zombie, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for these swatches! now I know which ones I will be ordering in full sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love them all! My favorite has to be Drunken Zombie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I read your blog tonight. I pre-ordered this collection last night. Now, I know I will love them and can't wait until they arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need Drunken Zombie and Nightmare Forest!! Can't wait to pick them up :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. just ordered Hocus Pocus:) and a none halloween one:)

    ReplyDelete