Sunday, July 1, 2012

OPI- You're A Pisa Work Featuring Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Ok guys, this is a substitute post! I found this draft that I never posted. I figured I would go ahead and post it considering I don't know when I will be able to put another one up. Some of you might know this already if you follow my Facebook page but we got hit with a pretty bad storm. Our power went out and I'm betting it will be at least three days before it's back on. Last time the power went out, it was off for a week. I absolutely can not stand when the power goes out! Considering I usually do my nails at night, I'm pretty much screwed. I will try my hardest to get a new post up by the middle of the week but who knows. For now, I hope you like what I have!

I think I did this mani about two weeks ago. Not totally sure why I never posted it. I had found these Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips at Target for like three bucks, score! I believe the pattern is Mad For Plaid but I could be wrong. I didn't want to use them in a full mani so I chose to do some accent nails. I chose OPI- You're A Pisa Work for the rest of my nails. I think they turned out pretty cute! I was trying to pick a pink to match the pink stripe in the plaid. The one thing I don't like about the nail strips is if you happen to stretch them to far, it will start to split the design. You can see what I mean on my thumb below. You're A Pisa Work was one of my first OPI's and I still love wearing it! It applies evenly in two coats. It seems to be a bit brighter in pictures then it is in real life.

Two coats of OPI- You're A Pisa Work
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Mad For Plaid
One coat of Poshe




I hope this will hold you guys over till I can get another post up. I'm thinking it will probably be the next Reader's Choice Wednesday but hopefully I can get my next Lazy Days Of Summer mani up before then. Did I mention I accidentally deleted the pictures I had? Yeah, it's not my week.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no I heard the storms have been awful!!! Poor you, I hope they get the power back asap. I love Pisa!!! Such a happy pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is safe where you're at! Right now, we're having a huge heat storm.. not sure if it'll actually rain (I'm in Illinois).

    Love Pisa! It's very pink, lol. I think it goes great with the plaid Salon Effects :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Hope the power comes back on soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your power back soon! I love this mani here. Beautiful pink & the SH strips just make it more exciting!

    ReplyDelete