Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Re-Swatching My Stash!

Hi everyone! I hope all of you are having an awesome week so far! I have a pretty bad cold so I've been trying to chill as much as possible. That said, I have been keeping myself VERY entertained with what I'm about to show you! I just put together my second Melmer and am in the state of organizing my stash. I was really getting fed up with my swatch wheels of all my polishes. Does anyone else get annoyed when you fill up a wheel with a brand, color coded I might add, only to buy a new polish and it not be swatched with the others? It annoys the crap out of me! So I have all these swatch wheels with who knows what colors on them because I was just tired of keeping track. In come the 250 nail swatch sticks (I have no idea if this is what the're called) that I ordered off Ebay! Oh, these babies are awesome! Especially if your like me and hate the inconsistency of swatch wheels. You can order them in batches of 50 and they come with a long double ended screw to hold them together. I opted to use binder rings for mine but more on that later. They're pretty inexpensive. I paid around $20 for all 250, including shipping.  I may be crazy for starting the project of re-swatching all my polishes, but believe it or not I quite enjoy it...yes I'm weird. I have for you a picture of my Zoya collection all nice and organized!


It pleases me to know that I can get new Zoya's and still have all of them swatched in one place! I chose to use binder rings for mine because it's easy to take the sticks off and add new sticks on. I also chose to label mine with stickers as opposed to writing on the stick. Did I have a reason for doing it that way? No, I just wanted to make it more complicated for myself :P

Here's a picture of the supplies I used.
   - Nail sticks
   - 1.5"binder rings
   - 3/4" X 1 1/2" labels (theres 504 of these so I won't need a new pack any time soon)
   - Nail polish of course!


So I think it's safe to say that I have a couple days of swatching and labeling to do! How do you guys keep your swatches, or do you swatch at all? Let me know! I'm always looking for new ways to organize!

The blog is getting super close to the 100 follower mark! I'm so excited to do my 100 follower giveaway, so if you guys could share my blog with your friends that would be amazing! Don't forget I'm also doing a giveaway when I hit 50 Facebook likes as well! 

7 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy myself some of these. I've seen a few people who store them in cups by color (standing up like pens in a cup) but I like the idea of using the binder rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so much happier with them all swatched this way! You'll have to let me know if you end up doing this to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not weird, I just re-swatched my 700+ collection on sticks after I got bored of wheels for the same reason as you, and I enjoyed it haha :)
    We, polish lovers, are crazy people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post! I've been using color wheels, but since I've gotten rid of several of the polishes, I need to figure out a new system. You can't take the polish off the color wheels. But with these, you could just get rid of the stick when you get rid of the polish. PLUS there's room to label the stick with the name. Can't do that on a color wheel. I just ordered a set off of eBay. I'm going to make sure I 100% like them before i order uh....like 8 sets. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your going to love them, I know I do!

      Delete
  5. Finally! The solution I have been searching for!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete