Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gradient String Mani

GAH, sorry for the lack of posts in the last week! I've been busy with family stuff, but I'm back with a super fun mani for you all today! I've been messing around with gradient nails for the past week, none of which I got to properly photograph. I decided it was time to do a gradient nails post when I had a hankering to try out a string mani as well. I thought to myself, why not combine the two! So I have for you my first gradient string main! I decided to make the base a gradient instead of gradienting (which is probably not a word) the string effect, and I love how it turned out! I'm not much into nail art but both of these techniques are very easy to do. I may do tutorials in the future but for now check out The Nailasaurus tutorial for the gradient effect and Manicurator for the string effect! By the way, my left hand, aka photography hand, turned out WAY better then my right hand. I suppose it will get easier to do my right hand with some practice. I should also mention that my topcoat bubbled, which has never happened before. I have a feeling it was just because of the texture of the strings so if your trying this, I suggest possibly adding two coats to finish it off :)

A few posts back I mentioned that Poshe makes my Zoya's shrink, and I have found a solution! If you use one coat of Zoya Armor topcoat then one coat of Poshe, no shrinkage!

One coat of Julep- Hayden
Two coats of sponging with Julep- Hayden and Zoya- Lara
Strings with Zoya-  Reagan
One coat of Zoya Armor
One coat of Poshe




4 comments: